Alliance is the insurance plan for people with Medicaid and for people who are uninsured or underinsured who are eligible and live in the Alliance region. This region includes Cumberland, Durham, Johnston, Mecklenburg, Orange and Wake counties. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of the people we serve by ensuring highly effective, community-based support and care.
Alliance is dedicated to the promotion of recovery, self-direction and a person-centered approach to individual strengths, hope and choice. We work to make sure our members receive the right type of care, in the right amount, at the right time.
We effectively manage the system of care by providing:
- Access to a variety of services to meet your individual needs.
- 24-hour access to care, including crisis services.
- Clinical reviews to make sure your care is medically necessary and best meets your needs.
- A network of health care providers.
- Management of the network of providers to make sure that quality services are available locally.
- Receipt and resolution of all concerns, grievances and requests for appeals in a timely manner.
- Community education programs and trainings.
- Access to care for individuals leaving hospitals, jails, state residential facilities and treatment centers.
Get information to help you obtain the care that you or your family member needs.