Alliance frequently receives requests from providers for letters of support or letters of good standing concerning grant proposals, RFPs, special projects and/or applications for licensure of residential facilities. Please submit your request to [email protected].
Requests for letters of support for grants, RFPs, or other special projects must be submitted to Alliance at least 10 business days in advance to ensure sufficient time for review and processing, must include a description of the proposal with enough detail to enable Alliance to understand and respond to the request, and must demonstrate the capacity and ability to offer the proposed service(s) using best or evidence-based practices.
A request for a letter of support for residential or facility-based service must be submitted to Alliance at least ten business days in advance to ensure sufficient time for processing. Following receipt of the information from the prospective residential/facility service provider, a Provider Network Development Specialist shall review, identify and verify that the information provided fits within an identified need.
Based on the review Alliance will either approve or deny the service provider’s request. The request must include the following information:
- Licensee name
- Company name
- Mailing address
- Site address
- Type of license requested per APSM 30-1, to include license capacity
- Program description
- Population to be served
- Designated point of contact within the agency
In general, for Alliance to issue a letter of support, the requesting provider must be in good standing with Alliance, other LME/MCOs, and State and federal oversight agencies.
Please note that the issuance of a letter of support or a letter of good standing is not a guarantee or commitment of funding or a contract with Alliance.
Alliance requires hospitals requesting letters of support to provide a brief summary that describes their current/ongoing or past efforts to support behavioral healthcare service delivery in the Alliance catchment area and previous relationships with Alliance. Please submit your request to [email protected].
The following will serve as criteria for Alliance to agree to provide a letter of support for hospitals going through the Certificate of Need (CON) process:
- Priority is given to a currently contracted provider with Alliance.
- There is a commitment to serve individuals with Medicaid and the uninsured.
- There is a commitment to collaboration with Alliance around treatment and discharge planning.
- There is a commitment to working with Alliance to establish and report quality metrics, as well as quality improvement initiatives for hospital-based services as indicated.
- Addresses identified program/service needs for Alliance (e.g. services for children, trauma, intellectual and developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury, substance use disorder, etc.)
- There is clear support from community partners for the request (e.g. county government).