Alliance Provider Advisory Council (APAC)
The Alliance Provider Advisory Council (APAC) serves as a fair and impartial representative body for providers that are credentialed, enrolled, and contracted with Alliance to deliver mental health, intellectual/developmental disability, and substance use services in Cumberland, Durham, Johnston, Mecklenburg, Orange and Wake counties.
Local Provider Advisory Councils also meet in our communities and their input and perspectives are shared with the Alliance Provider Advisory Council.
APAC objectives include:
- Facilitate the open exchange of ideas, share values, goals, and visions, and promote collaboration and mutual accountability between Alliance and the Provider Network.
- Promote evidence-based and emerging best practices to empower consumers within our communities to achieve their personal goals.
- Review, provide input and make recommendations to Alliance on its policies, procedures, forms, activities, guidelines, changes in funding, financial issues, and reimbursement
- Review and comment on Alliance specific activities that impact members of the Provider Network.
- Review and comment on the Local Business Plan.
- Provide input to Alliance in its implementation of the state plan and local business plans.
- Review and comment to Alliance regarding the local and State annual plans and long-term plans.
- Assist Alliance with effective communications across the Provider Network and assist in planning all-provider meetings.
- Recommend efficiencies and best practices regarding service availability and service array, consumer choice, and fair competition, including ways to close gaps in the services array, particularly for underserved and non-target populations, provide additional services, and facilitate additional communications among providers.
- Assist Alliance in encouraging provider participation in quality improvement activities.
APAC representatives are selected from each of the four Alliance counties and Council membership consists of 20 representatives. Representation is based on the Medicaid-eligible populations within each county.
APAC Calls/meetings occur the fourth Tuesday of every month from 1–3 pm beginning July 27, 2021. They are currently virtual.
Please use this link to register.
Pass Code: 434458; via phone: 1 646 558 8656; Meeting ID: 970 729 355.
Local PACs also meet on the following schedule:
- Durham – third Thursday of the month at 2:00 pm, Alliance home office
- Wake – second Thursday of every other month at 2:00 pm, Resources for Seniors, Inc., 1110 Navaho Drive, 4th Floor, Raleigh
- Cumberland – first Monday of the month at 1:00 pm, Alliance Cumberland office, 711 Executive Place, Room 109, Fayetteville
- Johnston – fourth Monday of every other month at noon, Johnston Public Health Department, 517 N. Brightleaf Boulevard, Smithfield
Local Provider Advisory Councils
As part of Alliance Health’s ongoing effort to build a strong community of providers within our service area, each agency is invited to attend its local Provider Advisory Council (PAC) meetings. Each county within the Alliance Health region operates a local Provider Advisory Council facilitated by providers for providers. Local Provider Advisory Councils operate in Durham (DPAC), Wake (WPAC), Johnston (JPAC), and Cumberland (CPAC).
The PAC is made up of contracted provider agencies that serve Alliance members and their families. These meetings are an excellent source of information, allowing provider agencies to access the most updated information related to Medicaid and State-funded programs, and offering an opportunity to share both challenges and successes. All participants are welcomed to share updates regarding new projects, events, and needs within their agencies. There is a chance to stay after the meeting to network with other providers and Alliance Health staff.
The facilitator of these local meetings is a voting member of a larger advisory council called the Alliance Health Provider Advisory Council (APAC), which meets monthly and acts as a conduit to pass information to Alliance Health leadership, which can initiate problem-solving, future discussions, and solutions. Once again, Alliance Health strongly encourages each provider agency to put forth their best effort to regularly participate in local PAC meetings, either in person or by dialing in.
Local Provider Advisory Councils meet on the following schedule:
Cumberland (CPAC) is held at 3 p.m. on the second Monday of the month
- Location: Alliance Health Cumberland Office, 711 Executive Place Room 109, Fayetteville
- Main Contact: Sarah Hallock [email protected]
Durham (DPAC) is held at 2 p.m. every third Thursday of the month
- Location: Alliance Health Home Office, 5200 W. Paramount Parkway, Morrisville
- Main Contact: Ali Swiller [email protected]
Johnston (JPAC) is held at noon on the fourth Monday of every other month
- Location: Johnston Public Health Department, 517 N. Brightleaf Boulevard, Smithfield
- Main Contact: Steve Strickland [email protected]
Mecklenburg (MPAC) is held at 1:30 pm the first Thursday of each month
Wake (WPAC) is held at 2 p.m. the second Thursday of every other month(November, January, March, May, July, September)