The Child Flexible Funds Request Form has been revised. Please begin using this new version on July 1, 2019. Below is more information on Flex Funds:
Flex Funds are intended to supplement informal/volunteer resources and to improve the family and community’s ability to meet the service needs of children/young adults up to age 21. Child/young adult up to age 21 MUST be enrolled in a mental health, developmental disability and/or substance use (MH/DD/SU) treatment service managed by Alliance.
Flex Funds are to be determined by the Child and Family Team (CFT) or Care Review Team, when appropriate.
- All other sources of available revenues (i.e. Medicaid, Emergency Assistance, community partners) must be ruled out, and documented as ruled out, before Flex Funds may be accessed.
- All scholarships and/or sliding fees should be pursued prior to applying for Flex Funds, and the CFT should make every attempt to access no-cost, informal community supports.
- The use of Flex Funds should be cost-effective.
- Flex Funds may be requested once per fiscal year per child/young adult up to age 21 and shall not exceed $250.00. The $250 limit applies to the request as a whole even if the funds being requested would be used to assist the child/young adult up to age 21 who is enrolled in a MH/DD/SU service along with other family members. If multiple children/young adults up to age 21 in one family could benefit from the use of Flex Funds, separate requests could be submitted for each child/young adult up to age 21 who is enrolled in a MH/DD/SU service.
- Special consideration for funding above $250.00, or for more than one request per fiscal year per child/young adult up to age 21, will be reviewed based on the therapeutic needs of the child/young adult up to age 21 and the service/support being requested.
- The need for Flex Funds must be specifically documented in the Person Centered Plan (PCP) for recipients of an enhanced MH/SU service, Individual Support Plan (ISP) for recipients of Innovations waiver services, or outpatient treatment plan if the child/young adult up to age 21 is not enrolled in an enhanced MH/SU service or Innovations. The documentation on the PCP, ISP, or outpatient treatment plan should indicate how the use of Flex Funds would help meet the service needs of the child/young adult (up to age 21).
- Only requests showing therapeutic benefit for the child/young adult up to age 21 shall be approved. Flex Funds might be requested for the following:
- Services/goods for the child/young adult up to age 21 and/or family
- Services/goods to help strengthen the natural system of care or support for a child/young adult up to age 21 and their family
- Family support and sustenance which would enable the guardian/family to participate in treatment or improve the support for the child/young adult up to age 21
- Educational and vocational services not otherwise available or provided by the local school system
- Medical services not otherwise covered (i.e. eating disorder evaluation, independent living services/supports)
- Interpersonal and recreational skill development
- Additional positive reinforcers as determined by the CFT.
This is not a complete list, nor does inclusion on this list guarantee approval of a request. Please note that Flex Funds cannot be used to purchase gift cards or gas cards.