The Alliance Provider Advisory Council (APAC) serves as a fair and impartial representative body for providers that are credentialed, enrolled, and contracted with Alliance to deliver mental health, intellectual/developmental disability, and substance use services in Cumberland, Durham, Johnston, Mecklenburg, Orange and Wake counties.
Local Provider Advisory Councils also meet in our communities and their input and perspectives are shared with the Alliance Provider Advisory Council.
APAC objectives include:
- Facilitate the open exchange of ideas, share values, goals, and visions, and promote collaboration and mutual accountability between Alliance and the Provider Network.
- Promote evidence-based and emerging best practices to empower consumers within our communities to achieve their personal goals.
- Review, provide input and make recommendations to Alliance on its policies, procedures, forms, activities, guidelines, changes in funding, financial issues, and reimbursement
- Review and comment on Alliance specific activities that impact members of the Provider Network.
- Review and comment on the Local Business Plan.
- Provide input to Alliance in its implementation of the state plan and local business plans.
- Review and comment to Alliance regarding the local and State annual plans and long-term plans.
- Assist Alliance with effective communications across the Provider Network and assist in planning all-provider meetings.
- Recommend efficiencies and best practices regarding service availability and service array, consumer choice, and fair competition, including ways to close gaps in the services array, particularly for underserved and non-target populations, provide additional services, and facilitate additional communications among providers.
- Assist Alliance in encouraging provider participation in quality improvement activities.
APAC representatives are selected from each of the four Alliance counties and Council membership consists of 20 representatives. Representation is based on the Medicaid-eligible populations within each county.
APAC Calls/meetings occur the fourth Tuesday of every month from 1–3 pm beginning July 27, 2021. They are currently virtual.
Please use this link to register.
Pass Code: 434458; via phone: 1 646 558 8656; Meeting ID: 970 729 355.
Local PACs also meet on the following schedule:
- Durham – third Thursday of the month at 2:00 pm, Alliance home office
- Wake – second Thursday of every other month at 2:00 pm, Resources for Seniors, Inc., 1110 Navaho Drive, 4th Floor, Raleigh
- Cumberland – first Monday of the month at 1:00 pm, Alliance Cumberland office, 711 Executive Place, Room 109, Fayetteville
- Johnston – fourth Monday of every other month at noon, Johnston Public Health Department, 517 N. Brightleaf Boulevard, Smithfield