The NC Medicaid Ombudsman is a resource you can contact if you need help with your health care needs. The NC Medicaid Ombudsman is an independently operated, nonprofit organization whose only job is to ensure that individuals and families under NC Medicaid Managed Care get access to the care that they need.
The NC Medicaid Ombudsman can:
- Answer your questions about benefits
- Help you understand your rights and responsibilities
- Provide information about NC Medicaid Managed Care
- Answer your questions about enrolling with or disenrolling from a health plan
- Help you understand a notice you have received
- Refer you to other agencies that may be able to assist you with your health care needs
- Help with issues you have been unable to resolve with your health care provider or health plan
- Be an advocate for you if you are dealing with an issue or a complaint affecting access to health care
- Provide information to assist you with your appeal, grievance, mediation or fair hearing
- Connect you to legal help if you need it to help resolve a problem with your health care
You may contact the NC Medicaid Ombudsman at 1-877-201-3750 or visit the Ombudsman website.