- 1 Help is available for Traumatic Brain Injury
- 2 What is Traumatic Brain Injury?
- 3 TBI Waiver Impact
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 For more information or to make a referral call our Alliance Health Access and Information Line.Ask to speak with someone about TBI services.
Help is available for Traumatic Brain Injury
Alliance Health serves theCitizens of Wake, Durham, Cumberland and Johnston Counties
What is Traumatic Brain Injury?
A Traumatic Brain Injury (or TBI) can be the result of a bump, jolt, or blow to the head, which can lead to potentially chronic challenges affecting not only the person but also their family and community.
TBI’s are most often caused by:
TBI Waiver Impact
View the story of a Fuquay-Varina man helped by the TBI waiver(courtesy WRAL)
Frequently Asked Questions
Alliance was selected by the NC Department of Health and Human Services to operate a pilot Waiver for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in Durham, Wake, Cumberland and Johnston counties.
What is NC’s TBI WAIVER?
The TBI Waiver provides an array of home and community based services, through a three-year Medicaid waiver pilot, in Alliance’s four-county region. The waiver is designed to provide an alternative to nursing facility care or specialty rehabilitation hospital care for eligible individuals with a traumatic brain injury.
Who may be eligible?
– Adults with cognitive, behavioral and or physical support needs.
– Individuals who have sustained a diagnosed TBI on or after their 22nd birthday.
– Adults who meet specialty rehabilitation hospital or skilled nursing level of care and who meet financial eligibility requirements may be eligible to participate in this Medicaid waiver.
What is Alliance Health?
Alliance Health is the managed care organization for publicly-funded behavioral healthcare services for the people of Durham, Wake, Cumberland and Johnston counties.
For more information or to make a referral call our Alliance Health Access and Information Line.Ask to speak with someone about TBI services.
Limited funding can result in waiting lists
for publicly-funded services, but don’t be
discouraged from applying. Alliance Health
will do its best to connect you to community
resources, even if you must go on a waiting list
for other services.
Copyright ©2020 Alliance Health. All Rights Reserved