Alliance requires hospitals requesting letters of support to provide a brief summary that describes their current/ongoing or past efforts to support behavioral healthcare service delivery in the Alliance catchment area and previous relationships with Alliance.
The following will serve as criteria for Alliance to agree to provide a letter of support for hospitals going through the Certificate of Need (CON) process:
- Priority is given to a currently contracted provider with Alliance.
- There is a commitment to serve individuals with Medicaid and the uninsured.
- There is a commitment to collaboration with Alliance around treatment and discharge planning.
- There is a commitment to working with Alliance to establish and report quality metrics, as well as quality improvement initiatives for hospital-based services as indicated.
- Addresses identified program/service needs for Alliance (e.g. services for children, trauma, intellectual and developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury, substance use disorder, etc.)
- There is clear support from community partners for the request (e.g. county government).
To request a letter of support, please email the summary that addresses each of the criteria to: