TBI Waiver service needs: Specialized Consultative Services
Who can provide per the waiver:
- Provider agency: national accreditation required.
- Individual independent practitioners: licensure specific to discipline, if applicable.
Specialized consultation services provide expertise, training and technical assistance in a specialty area:
Specialty Areas: Neuro/psychology, behavior intervention, speech therapy, therapeutic recreation, augmentative communication, assistive technology equipment, occupational therapy, physical therapy, nutrition, and other licensed professionals who possess experience with individuals with traumatic brain injury.
Service goal: to assist family members, support staff and other natural supports in assisting individuals with traumatic brain injury.
- A minimum of 500 hours supporting individuals with TBI
- Staff must hold appropriate NC license for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychology, behavioral analysis (licensure subject to psychology board implementation date) and nutrition; state certification for recreational therapy; board certified behavior analyst-MA; master’s degree and expertise in augmentative communication; state certification in assistive technology.
- Qualified in the customized need of the beneficiaries as described in the Individual Support Plan.
- Must be enrolled in NCTracks.
Interested providers please submit the TBI Waiver – Allied Health and Specialized Consultative Services Provider Application Request, agency summary or CV that demonstrates the minimum of 500 hours supporting individuals with TBI, copy of appropriate license (as applicable), and copy of national accreditation (as applicable).