Along with DHHS, Alliance continues to closely monitor the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Here is advice from Secretary Mandy Cohen:
As we learn more about the virus and its impacts, it is critical that we all stay calm, thoughtful and diligent in our response. There are some practical things we can all do to prevent the spread of any respiratory illness, such as cold or flu.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray;
More information is available on the COVID-19 Section of the NCDHHS website.